This is Miranda posting (Melissa's twin.) I wanted to check into the blog and let you all know that Mel & Nick are still out on the PCT trail, without coverage I assume. Last I talked to them, they were in the Independence area around July 3rd. They were expected in Mammoth Lakes 3 days ago, so I expect they should be surfacing anytime now back into civilization. Next stop after this is Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite; can you believe how far they have come? If anyone wants to try to make a trip out to meet them, Yosemite is a great place to do so. Tahoe is next on the list, and is another great place to do so. Once I get a confirmed date, I will update their blog for those who would like to rendezvous with them. You can view this tab on their blog to see estimated arrival dates: http://pctnickmel.blogspot.com/p/meet-us-on-trail.html
Also, I wanted to thank everyone who has been sending care packages to Hard Target & Near Miss. It's been wonderful and they really do appreciate all of your kindness. ;) Mel & Nick have expressed to me how grateful they are to everyone and feel really blessed to have such amazing friends. I've updated the care packages tab on this blog. I'm also going to start listing their future mail stops in the comments section at the bottom of that page, as I get updates. If you want to send anything, please let me know where you ship, so I can place a note for them to make sure to pick it up at the delivery location so it doesn't get left behind. http://pctnickmel.blogspot.com/p/care-packages.html
On a side note, I was on Facebook today looking through the PCT group to see if there were any updates on the areas Mel & Nick are in. I didn't see any. However, I found this photo on there among many that I found to be amusing. Couldn't help but laugh at this guys foot! Wow!! Looks like the feet are taking the hardest hits on this journey. I'll post it below. Mel's feet and this guys foot need to get together for an Epsom soak and some drinks.
***This is the foot of a PCT hiker. (Not Mel or Nicks.)
Thanks Sis! We just got access to a computer at VVR and were able to send a quick update. More updates to come when we arrive in Mammoth. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSuper funny. I saw that post on FB too. yuck!
ReplyDeletethanks for the update!
ReplyDelete