I got an update from Mel today, she would like me to report that they are still alive and well. As many of you know, Melissa & Nick have embarked on their journey a few days ago. Yesterday they attended the PCT kick off party, having already started the hike the day before. Mel says they currently have no cell phone or internet coverage, so they have been borrowing other peoples phones to update me on their resupply needs and to check in. Mel told me today she already has tons of blisters! I can only imagine what kind of shape those feet will be in when she gets done in 6 months. Those won't be big foot footprints out there in the mountains. I'm taking donations now for a manicure and pedicure with extra super duper callous remover! She anticipates being able to update you all when she and Nick get to their next destination, which I believe she said was Mt. Laguna estimated around Apr 30th? I'm in the process of shipping them stuff. Today I shipped out a 20 pound box of food rations (4 days worth of food). I need to follow up with another box of toiletries on Monday. Can't forget the wet wipes or they might get the dreaded monkey butt! haha (Sorry Mel if that's a bit TMI!) Will post more when duty calls. Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather this weekend.
Cheers,
Miranda
P.S. If anyone would like to ship anything to Nick or Mel, please contact me for locations, and shipping information. Mel & Nick willl need to know a package is coming so they know to collect all their packages at these remote locations. Some places only take USPS, and some UPS. Alternatively, you can stop by the Campbell house and drop it off, and I can include it in the next shipment. Just make sure it's not something too heavy for them to carry, or it might end up in a hiker box as a donation (unless they can consume it at the location). You can email me at miranda.cappetti@gmail.com (add me on facebook to see my updates), or call me at (415) 810-1463. Below is a shipping sticker I made to alert the mail stops to hold these general delivery shipments for Nick & Mel if anyone wants to use it. Apparently there will be lots of hikers getting packages, and I am hoping the little green hiker icon will stand out and make it easier to locate their packages among the others. I'm putting one on each side of the box.
Thank you for the update Miranda! Nick & Mel are so lucky to have your wonderful support during this exciting journey! Please let me know if you need any help! Can't wait to send them goodies!
ReplyDeleteThanks Hannah! I'll let you know when I have to do another big food prep. :)
DeleteGreat update, Miranda -- Thanks! Are you sending moleskin?? :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Debbie. Not sure they bought moleskin to send. Where do I get it?
DeleteHi Miranda, you can get some at REI or Sports Basement. But Cherie says that duct tape works really well! Did they have a roll with them? (This is so exciting to watch their updates!)
DeleteThanks for update Miranda - hoping to see a post from them very soon. Anymore communication since Saturday?
ReplyDelete