Post from Nick:
I finally reached the northern terminus of the PCT in Canada on Tuesday 10/29 at ~8:15pm. The culmination of 2660 miles of hiking, countless aches, pains and blisters. The journey has been long, starting on 4/25 and full of many wonderful and sometimes treacherous experiences. The fact that I've actually finished is still sinking in (I didn't think possible a couple weeks ago) and I now look forward to coming home to spend time with family and friends...thank you all for the support and to all of the kind folks I've met on the trail that have helped me out or provided encouragement. Huge thanks specifically to Melissa Cappetti for believing in me, being my personal trail angel, and supporting me through the finish...never would have made it otherwise! :)
I'll take a couple weeks to road trip back home, relax, and get personal affairs in order but will soon get to updating the blog with all of the trip details and photos...it's been quite the ride and I have quite a lot of photos and video to go through! Please be patient :)
Picture of Nick and Melissa at the finish
Cougar Bait (Michael), Hard Target (Nick), and Naturally Caffeinated (Seth)
Nick and Mel celebrating with some bubbly
The morning after photos....
Mel photo-bombing Nick's photo
Nick getting every last drop of the Champagne!
Mel & Nick with the U.S. and Canadian flags
Naturally Caffeinated, Cougar Bait, and Hard Target
Melissa joining the guys for one last group photo
Amazing job, Nick and Mel! I've really enjoyed following your journey and can't wait to read/hear/see more details about it.
ReplyDeleteWell done! Proud of you for taking on every step of the trail no matter how difficult sections were. amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing accomplishment! Congrats to both of you, Nick & Mel! Can't wait to hear the details.
ReplyDelete